Monday, June 1, 2009

40.1

A few weeks (months?) ago Connor was fooling around getting into the car and jokingly sat in Maddy's booster seat. He thought that was funny. I pulled the seat belt down and buckled him in. Much to my surprise it wasn't huge on him. The seat belt hit fit him pretty well and with some adjustments it would have fit him perfectly.

Really? Time for a big boy seat already?!

So I struggle to read the sticker on the car seat saying the weight limit. Why do they have to put the sticker right where they know the seat belt is going to be? Seriously, this is very poor planning. I guess they think that you are going to read it when you are installing it. Which I did. But I also installed it 2.5 years ago... and a couple dozen things have happened since then. So I don't remember with 100% accuracy what the upper weight limit is.

The weight limit was 40 pounds... Connor weighed 38.

So close! I was disappointed that I had to keep using the car seat. We have weighed him every day since then watching him inch closer and closer to 40 pounds. Last weekend he finally hit it. All of a sudden I wasn't quite so excited about it anymore.

Should we change his seat? Are you sure? The seat is good up to 40 pounds. Does that include 40? Could we let him gain one more pound? Does it matter? Am I being crazy about it? (yes) Is the booster as safe as the regular car seat? Can he unbuckle the regular seat belt himself? Will he do that while I'm driving?

So we haven't changed his seat yet. I think that we will be happy when we do, because life is so much easier with out car seats. But, I don't know, for some reason I just can't make the leap. When he hits 41 pounds I will really have no choice. He can't ride in the seat above the weight limits. I will just continue to argue with myself til then I guess.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch