Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mid-Year Resolutions

Holy cow... how did it become June 10th?! Crazy. June is almost half way over.

I saw a thing today talking about half year resolutions. I guess that would be kinda cool. July 1st would be a good day to reflect on our New Years Resolutions and see how things are progressing along. You remember your New Years Resolutions don't you? Those pesky little things.

My New Years Resolutions for 2009 were:

1. To be more stylish
2. To make $5,000 through diversifying my income
3. Paint a room

I would say I'm doing pretty well. "To be more stylish" isn't the greatest goal, since it's not really measurable. But I would say I'm doing better. I'm buying clothes more often. Part of this goal was to buy a new piece of clothing once a month. Hardly a goal for some... but for me this has taken real effort. I started off really judging and measuring buying something every month. But this has taken a more casual form and I think I'm actually buying several things a month. More than anything it got me in the habit of looking for clothes when I am out. Before I had to wait for a ruling from Supreme Court in order to buy a shirt. Now I just think "hmmm... that's cute." and pick it up. See the difference?

I can comfortably say that I've already made more than $5,000 by diversifying my income. So this goal is met.

I did paint a room, technically. I painted the office. Not really what I had in mind when I said "paint a room". But it is a room... and it's painted.

So how are you doing on your resolutions?

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch