Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bigger by the day

Well, we did it. We moved Connor to a booster seat. His regular car seat changes into a booster so we went ahead and used that. It hooks into the car with the LATCH system which leaves the seat belt free to use as the restraint. We took the 5 point harness out of the traditional car seat and now he uses the regular seat belt. (The car seat is built to work that way.)

I like the compromise since I wasn't 100% on a traditional high back booster. I was worried that it would move around when the car turns, like lean to one side. And it gives almost no side protection. So I'm happy with it.

We haven't actually gone anywhere yet. So I haven't been able to see if he will reach over and unhook his own belt while we are on the move. If so I have looked into some devices that I can put on the button to keep him from doing it by him self. But I'm hoping to avoid that. So we'll see.

He has also started to come downstairs after nap all by himself. Which is good. We talked about it and I told him it was ok to come down at "2:00 time to get up". He does an excellent job at that. Comes down right at 2:00, assuming he isn't still sleeping. This is our first step to him getting up in the night to go potty by himself. Which is our ultimate goal. Maybe then I will get to sleep through the night. :) I thought that would happen before he turned 4, but I was wrong.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch