Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Party Crashers

The dish guy moved out! We have new neighbors already and they seem nice. An olderish couple. Not old, middle aged. Adults. I'm so happy.

But their last night in the house the idiots threw what I think MIGHT have been a going away party for them. Or maybe it was just a coincidence. Don't know... don't care. We were annoyed but tolerating the cars, and people, and underlying knowledge that laws were being broken. We were getting ready for bed and I was picking up some of the kids stuff. I went to put some things at Maddy's door and I heard what sounded like a TV on in another room. I did a little investigating and there were about 5 or 6 people standing right under Maddy's window being drunkenly loud. I watched them for a few minutes and someone threw a can into the bushes across the street. I went to go find Larry to tell him to call the cops and find him already on the phone with them.

We kept watch for about another hour or so but no one ever came so we went to bed. We were leaving for Disney in the morning and I didn't want to start the vacation all tired. I figured they wouldn't come.

In the morning I went around and picked up all the beer cans, soda cans, and gum wrappers (drunk driving much?) and put them on the idiots lawn. Then I emailed my neighbor and told her what happened and asked her to keep an eye on the house for us.

While we were at Disneyland my neighbor sent me an email that said the cops DID show up and blocked off the cul-de-sac and sat there all night. She said people would pull up and just turn around and leave. :) Yay! Well at least we ruined their party.

Then after we got home from Disney another neighbor flagged us down and asked us what we knew about the cops being here. (And sadly I had to ask "Which time?") She told us that the night of the party they arrested some people for underage drinking. Wohoo!

I tried to watch the security camera videos from that night but they had already been taped over. Bummer.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch