Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Loud Noises!

I wanted to tell you about the bad weather we have been having. The rain and wind. I wanted to tell you about how the tree next to our house fell on the neighbor's truck. Maybe even show you this picture of the truck covered by tree. I wanted to tell you how they propped the tree up with a ladder so that he could drive the truck out from under the tree. And how Connor loved watching them cut the tree up in little pieces and take it away.

I wanted to tell you all that. But I'm too lazy.

Connor had a fire drill at school today. This was very disturbing. It was the first thing he said to me when I picked him and the only thing he talked about until lunch.

"We had a loud noise in our school."
"Oh, yeah? Did you have to go outside?"
"Yeah. We went outside and then it stopped."
"Was it a fire drill?"
"Yeah."

We get into the car.

"It was such a loud noise."... "I had to put my hands over my ears."... "It's nothing to be afraid of"... "It was so loud."

I order into the speaker.

"It went HONK! HONK! HONK!"... "It's nothing to be afraid of"... "It was so loud."

I apologize at the first window because I don't have my wallet.

"We had to go outside and then it stopped.".... "It was such a loud noise."... "I had to put my hands over my ears."... "It was nothing to be afraid of."

I get home and put together a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"I want my sandwich cut into 4 triangles."
"Yes dear."

He picked it up again when he woke up from his nap. He had to tell Larry all about it. Only in the second running of it did I find out there was also a fire truck involved. You would think that a 3 year old boy might mention a fire truck being at his school. But that is how unsettling the whole loud noise thing was.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch