Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brownies

Maddy started girl scouts on Monday. Well, she is a Brownie, technically. So cute. I was a Brownie once. I never really got into the girl scout thing myself. I didn't understand the whole badge situation. It just didn't make much sense to me. I was supposed to get badges? For what? Just to wear around on this weird brown sash? No thanks, I'll just watch TV.

But Maddy on the other hand. I think this is something Maddy can get into. Seems like her kind of thing. I think she will be very proud of her badges, and the whole ceremony of it all.

I was asking her if she wanted to do it and explaining kind of what I thought it would be like.
"You will go to your troop leaders house with a bunch of other girls. You will do activities and..."
"I LOVE ACTIVITIES!!"

She might not know what these activities are... but she's for them. So signed her up. They meet every other week and then like once a month there is a Saturday activity. Good stuff too, like Skateland and the Zoo. I think she is going to love this.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch