Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to reality

Here we go.  Did the normal morning routine today for the first time in quite a while. 

7:00 sharp.  Connor bouncing into bed with me. Cozy cuddles.  Then I sent him in to Maddy's room to make sure she was up.  They got in a big fight about her calendar (I don't know) and he climbed back into bed with me crying.  Which I have to confess, I didn't mind because he let me snuggle him and rub my cheek on his fuzzy head which he normally doesn't let me do. 

7:15 I sent him to get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast while I got changed.

7:30 Slam a protein shake and find out what all the ruckus was over a calendar.  Turns out Connor wanted to look at the pictures while saying the names of the Month.  And Maddy wanted to look at the pictures while saying the name of the fluffy baby animal.  This "argument" ended with a door being slammed so hard that a picutre fell off the wall. 

7:40 Walk dog.  During which Connor and I had a confusing discussion about what letter is the middle of the word "done".
Completely out of the blue he said "I know what is the middle of done." 
"Oh yeah?  What?"
"you"
"I'm in the middle of done?"
"No, you is in the middle of done"
"I'm in the middle of done?"
"UGGGGG  No!  You is in the middle of done!  D. U. N.  Done!"
"Ohhhhh..... done.  It's D.O.N.E."
"D.O.N.E?  Done"

7:50 Off to the bus stop.  The bus stop was fun cause no one has seen each other in two weeks.  All the kids played nice and I don't know... it was nice to be back in the swing of things. 

Now I'm sitting here waiting for Costco to open.  I'm trying to cook dinner on a regular basis again since I'm not in school anymore.  My plan today is to make some chicken crock pot dinner thing.  I have to get it into the crock pot by noon.  Which I have to get some chicken to make that happen.  I wish Costco opened at 9:00.  That would make my life easier. 

Then work at 2:00 and hopefully home by 5:00.  6:00 at the latest, hopefully.  But either way I will have a hot dinner on the table at 5:00 for my man.  (Stop laughing)

And overall I feel very relieved that I don't have school tonight.  I know classes ended like 3 weeks ago but life has been totally crazy since then and I haven't had a chance for it to really sink in.  Now that we are back to real life here I'm starting to realize... I'm out of school!  Wohoo!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch