Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scaredy Cat

So my friend and I started running.  Her idea of course, because I would never suggest turning our quiet, fun, stress reducing walks into heart pounding, sweat inducing, lung burning torture.  That really doesn't sound like me. 

Anyways, so we have been adding some running into our nightly walks around the block.  It's actually kinda fun.  I like the challenge.  I'm surprising myself.  I've never been one to try to push myself physically.  I'm more the type to see how many hours I can sleep in a row.

There is this one long stretch that has no street lights and it happens to be right along the water retention area.  This is where we have chosen to do our running.  Last night we were doing our thing... running.  And about 10 steps in I see this shadow go past us down in the water retention.  It scared me.  I kept my eye on it and wondered if I was too tired to run away if I needed to.  I never actually saw anyone, just a dark shapeless shadow that flashed by. 

My creep-outedness wasn't helped by the fact that there was a group of kids on a trampoline at the end of the street screaming like they were being murdered. 

I kept a close eye on this scary spot on the next time around.  Again, it chased us.  Oh freaky... what is that?
Finally on the third time around I saw it... it wasn't a shapeless blob.  It was shaped like a person... a person running. 

Oh... it's me!  It's my shadow!  Dur.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch