Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Reset Button

Sorry I haven't written in a while but honestly, I've been doing NOTHING. I've just been caught up in my own head, and trust me, you don't want to know what's going on in there. Well, maybe you do, 'cause then you could confirm you suspicions about me.

I love quotes. Love 'em! I heard one forever ago that goes "Empty your cup so it may be filled." The filling of the cup is fun... the emptying of the cup, not so much. I'm currently in the emptying stage... and it sucks. I lost my job and several of my friends are moving away this summer. I seriously don't know what to do with myself. I know my cup won't ever be EMPTY since I will always have Larry and the kids, and they are awesome. I'm not complaining... I'm just saying. Someone somewhere has hit the reset button on my life, and I'm none too happy about it.

I'm trying to feel excited rather than scared. What is going to fill the giant vacuum that has appeared in my life? Just about anything could happen. See... it will be exciting... not scary. Nothing to be scared of.

While I'm waiting for my life to get some traction I have discovered a great new drink.
Rootbeer
Whiskey
Baily's Irish Cream
Butterscotch Schnapps

Not too much alcohol, maybe a shot and half total, in a 16oz glass. Not a shot of each... unless you're Larry. But if you are me you just want it to taste like the best damn rootbeer float you ever had.

Now excuse me... my drink is waiting.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch