Monday, February 8, 2010

Unconscious

We had Connor's party on Sunday. We do a Superbowl/ birthday party every year. And every year it gets less Superbowl and more birthday. This time no one even stayed for the Superbowl. Which was totally fine. The party was fun. And as always we had way too much food.

Before the party I fainted in the kitchen. I just passed out. I didn't feel dizzy or anything. I had gotten up and went straight downstairs still in jammies. I put the meatballs in the crockpot and then went and sat down on the couch with kids for about 15 minutes. I did feel a bit foggy. Kinda like I couldn't really wake up. Then I walked over to the kitchen island and there was a glass of tea sitting there. I wanted it. I kept thinking about how I wanted it but I didn't reach out and grab it or anything. Like I couldn't really figure out how to get it.

Then I was lying in bed coming out of a dream. Then I heard Larry's voice coming through a thick fog "What happened?" I opened my eyes and I'm on the kitchen floor with Larry and the kids all hovered around. "I have no idea." I say and start to cry. I get up and Larry helps me over to the couch.

Larry said right before I passed out I asked him if there was anything he wanted me to do and that he said we needed to sweep the kitchen floor... but I have no memory of this. He said he looked down at the floor as he answered and when he looked back he saw my arm disappear behind the island... and then he heard me hit the floor.

I didn't hurt myself when I fell. I fell to the side, which is weird. So my hip hit first, which is sore, then my shoulder, and finally my head. But nothing hurts except my hip. My head just feels like Connor whacked it with a toy or something... and believe me I know how that feels.

I went to the doctor and they did an EKG and said everything was fine there. She thinks I had low blood sugar and told me to make sure I get at least 60 grams of protein a day. So I'll do that. Hopefully I can stay conscious from now on.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch