Sunday, October 18, 2009

Disneyland

We are back from Disneyland. I know I didn't mention it on here. We really weren't sure if we were even going til like two weeks before we left. Which is totally unlike us. Normally we plan this stuff like a year in advance... but we are doing lots of things lately that aren't like us. I don't know what's going on. Too busy I think. We are too busy to be ourselves.

But it was fun. It was a different type of trip than we usually have. Normally I'm all amped up for the trip and while we are there I'm trying to get the kids (and me) to see everything. Go on every ride, see every character. Like our lives depend on it. But on this trip I just wasn't that way. I just wanted to sit down! The whole trip was more low key than normal. So we didn't do all the things we normally do. But we had fun. It was all decorated for Halloween, which was cool to see. We got to eat at the Blue Bayou which I've always wanted to do. It's the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. That was cool. And I've finally admitted that I don't really like "It's a small world". Afterall.

We also went to the beach. I haven't been to the beach in like 7 years. Crazy! That was nice. We had an extra day in California and we just kinda hung around and rested. I needed a vacation from my vacation.

It was Maddy's birthday while we were there. 8! I can't believe it. We got her the Monsters vs. Aliens movie, Bendaroos, Pixos, and a big Costco size pack of Littlest Pet Shop toys. Big hits all around. It was also our 5 year wedding anniversary on Friday. We did spend the whole thing driving home from California, but hey... we were together. So it could be worse. We spent our anniversary last year driving home from the Grand Canyon. Seems to be a trend.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch