Saturday, March 7, 2009

The future Mr. Whiskers

We have a kitten that is trying to adopt us. He keeps showing up in the backyard and running into the house when I open the door to leave. I even found him in the van one day. And he did NOT get into the van because I unknowingly left two doors wide open for hours on end. So don't even think that.

One day I hear him meowing his head off in the backyard so I go out there to scare him away. But unfortunately he isn't very good at running away. I go out there and clap my hands and yell at him. He ran around the yard a bit but never actually tried to leave. Then he cornered himself behind the wheelbarrow. I bent down afraid he was going to try to scratch the heck out of me but he didn't. I grabbed him and he's so sweet. So so sweet. He didn't try to get away from me or anything. I walked him through the house and set him free in the front yard.

But that was not the last of him.

Connor and I were eating lunch in the back yard and he popped over the fence. Clearly in search of a peanut butter and jelly treat. He was so persistent that we had to go inside to finish our sandwiches. Of course trying to get in the door with a plate in each hand and hungry kitten at your feet is tough to do. Again, I had to walk him through the house and let him go in the front yard.

I felt bad. I wanted to just go ahead and let him eat the sandwich, poor little thing. But I CAN NOT feed him. I think he's persistent now. Wait til he gets a taste of my cooking.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch