Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Alarming

I went to CVS yesterday to fill Maddy's asthma prescription. In the back near the pharmacy they have a set of swinging doors, like saloon doors. (Side note: Did they just never close the old west saloon? That type of door design doesn't seem very secure, and their customer base wasn't exactly trust worthy. I believe "gun slinger" was a common adjective. It's curious.) On the door is big sign that says "Do not open! Alarm will sound!" But of course warnings like that are lost on a 3 year old. Not only is the sign two feet above his head but he can't read.

So in true Connor fashion he gave it a great big push with one hand as he walked confindently by. And I'm telling you they are not lying about the alarm sounding. It sounded. Loudly. I only half heartedly apologized because seriously, if you are going to alarm a door you might want to have it latch. At least. Jeeze.

But it reminded me of a time when I was pregnant with Connor. We had gone to the zoo lights with my brother in law and his family. Afterwards we went to Chick-a-lay (as Connor says) and my nephew took the cover off the fire alarm and set it off. So you know, it happens. I know I'm not the only one.

Oh, and just to note... Connor has slept throught the night two nights in a row and woke up dry. I don't think I will have to buy diapers ever again!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch