Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's a boy

I put Connor to bed on Friday nights.  We have taken to telling stories instead of reading them.  This Friday I told him the story of how he got all the stuffed animals on his bed, which is plenty.  "Me and Daddy got Rocky for you when we went to Colorado.  You were in my belly."  and  "Papa Craig gave Cowboy to Maddy and she gave him to you." 

Then I told him the story of when he was born. I told him how at 2:00 in the morning I woke up and told Daddy that the baby was on it's way!  I told him that we got to the hospital at 4:30 and they said "Yup! The baby is coming!"  I told him how they gave me some medicine and he came out of my belly.  (Just that easy!)  I mentioned how we didn't know if he was going to be a girl or boy so when he came out Daddy said "It's a boy!"

"Did you know I was boy because of my short hair?"
"No. We knew you were a boy because you have a peanut."

That was so hilarious that he actually choked himself laughing. 

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch