Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

Well the first week of school is over.  Everyone is very happy.  Connor is so proud of himself.  He feels like such a big kid now, especially since he has some experience at that school because he went to preschool there.  So he knows the layout and sees his old teacher in the halls.  I think that gives him a lot of confidence and security.  It's not all brand new. 

Maddy is moving up in the world too.  In 4th grade they move upstairs in the school, which is big kid.  They also move to the big kid playground.  Very exciting.  Her classroom is laid out much more big kid too.  Rows of desks instead of tables.  They are really starting to transition into jr. high.  Jr. High!  Ok, breathe, it's still 3 years away. 

And you know it's not the official start of school until I get into a fight with the bus driver.  Allow me to remind you of last year.  I never finished the story last year but after much drama they moved the bus stop to the park, which is the best bus stop in the whole wide world. 

So this year when the flyer came out saying where the bus stop is they put it back at the bad bus stop.  The one that caused all the drama to begin with.  I tell myself to say out of it.  I tried to stay out of it last year but that didn't happen.  I tell myself I don't care, just stay out of it.  So my friend emailed the bus boss and asked what was going on.  He said it was mistake and the bus stop will be at the park. 

Fine.

On the first day of school the bus driver says no, the bus stop will be at the old spot until they can "officially" change it.  My friend told her that her boss said this was the stop.  She didn't like it. 

So after school on the very first day Larry and I and other parents are waiting at the park, the good bus stop.  The bus pulls up and I'm all excited to see Connor's face as he gets off the bus for the very first time.  I got the camera ready and everything. 

The bus driver says to me "Your kids are at the other stop."
"What?!"
"Your kids got off at the other stop."

Why on flipping earth did she let me kids off at another stop?  So Larry and I go running over there.  I was so mad.  I wasn't there when Connor got off the bus!!  Maddy was crying because she knew she had made a mistake.  But I wasn't mad at her.  I was mad at the bus driver.  I was so so so mad. 

So I called her boss.  Convienently I have his number in my phone from last year.  They wanted me to leave a message for him.  That wasn't going to happen.  I told them I would wait.  They tried to explain that they didn't know how long it would be. 

"I'm extermely upset.  I'm not leaving a message, no one is going to call me back, I'm talking to someone right now.  I'll wait."

I didn't have to wait long.  He got right on the phone.  I tried to hold it together, really, I did.  He is already fully aware of all the back and forth that has occured.  I tell him "She left my kindergartener standing on the side of the road by himself!"  I started to cry.  I tell him that I was waiting at the other bus stop and she let Connor off at the wrong stop!

He said he would talk to her and change the bus stop officially to the park.  The next day everyone came home with a letter saying the bus stop was moved to the park.  Jeeze! I don't know why I have to get involved before anything gets accomplished.  I tried to stay out of it!

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch