Monday, July 13, 2009

I just wanna dance!

We were at the post office this morning and there was an older lady standing behind us in line. She asked Maddy how old she was...

"I'll be 8 in October."
"Oh, my niece's birthday is in October too. What day is your birthday?"
"The 14th."
"My niece's birthday is the day after Halloween."

True Story.


Ok, so Steve got married this weekend. OMG, the wedding was just perfect. Everything was just beautiful. So elegant and classy, but still fun and relaxed. The reception hall had dark wood walls and all the tables had tons of white candles in all different kinds of crystal vases. It was exactly how I would want my wedding reception to look... you know, if I had that kind of money to spend.

Connor shocked the heck out of me. He loves to dance. We dance around the house almost everyday. But I wasn't sure if he would dance at the wedding. I planned on trying to get him out there and dancing with him for a few songs. Haha. No need! Even before the reception got to the dancing part Connor was begging to get out there. As soon as he was allowed to dance, he danced. And didn't stop. Even when he was the only person on the dance floor he was out there. It was too cute. He danced until 9:45 when it was time to leave. He easily out danced everyone in the room.

And he actually stayed in a fairly good mood so we were able to stay til the end of the reception, which was unexpected. I'm so glad though because I didn't want to have to leave early.

1 comments:

Dana said...

Ha ha. Maybe the woman thought Halloween was on the 30th. Funny thing the day after Halloween is my Mom's birthday, too. But she was born, in NOVEMBER. ;)

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch