Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy birthday

I hope everyone had a great holiday. Mine was ok. We went to the local Tea Party they had over here in Gilbert. It was my first political event ever. I was honestly surprised how many people were there. They are reporting that 2,000 people showed up. Which is impressive considering it was the holiday weekend and it was hot as all get out. We didn't stay til the end because Connor was getting hot. He gets so flushed, it looks like a we rubbed a strawberry on his cheeks.

Anyways, since the media tries to silence the conservative voice it's hard to find info about the Tea Parties. I was able to find a few videos from the Gilbert Tea Party. Here and here.

After that we went to my niece's birthday party. I think the 4th of July has to be the coolest birthday ever! I'm so jealous. :) So that was fun. They have a trampoline which the kids just loved. So I mostly sat out back and watched the kids go up and down.

And we have crossed a milestone in regards to the van situation. I called the insurance this morning and they accepted the estimate we had gotten over the weekend. $1,600. So they are sending over their portion and the van is currently in the shop. Poor little van. They also said the would sue the owner of the truck themselves. So that's a huge relief. If he pays them we will get our deductible back. They also said it won't make our premiums go up. Which was a pretty big concern of mine. So guess it's good news. I just want the van fixed at this point. We will work out the finances later. I am not going to hold my breath for reimbursement of our deductible. If we get a check someday I will be happy... otherwise I'm just going to move on. Nothing else can be done.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch