Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Look Book

Maddy jumps off the school bus this morning and comes running across the street with a panicked look on her face.

"I forgot my Look Book!"
"What?"
"The Look Book! We need to bring it back to school today!"
"You can't bring it tomorrow?" Keep in mind the whole bus stop is on the bus ready to go.
"No! If you bring it back today then you get a Popsicle." This is when another bus stop mom chimes in and verifies this fact. Actually, if whole class brings their library books back then they all get a Popsicle. It's everyone or no one.
"Do you know where the book is?"
"Yes!"
"Ok, run fast!"
When she doesn't come back immediately I poke my head in the door and can hear her crying in her room. I go in and she is digging around frantically under her bed in tears. I help her look but there is no book under there. I put her back on the bus with a promise that I will keep looking for it and will bring it to her.

I look... and look... and look for The Look Book. It's nowhere. I have no idea where The Look Book is. I drive over to her school to catch her before school starts. I tell her I looked and can't find it. She describes it for me. "You know like the sewers under the road? It has that on the cover. And it's black and orange." Um... ok? I tell her I've looked and I'll look again, but I don't think I'm going to find it.

And I didn't.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch