Friday, February 4, 2011

The big 5

Happy Birthday Connor!!  5 years old today.

I have to say he isn't handling it very well.  Maybe signing up for Kindergarten and turning 5 all in the same week was too much.  We had also promised to take his car seat out of the car today and take the baby monitor out of his room.  But perhaps that is too much change for him.  He's not one for change after all.

He was kinda freaking out yesterday saying he didn't want to turn 5, that he just wanted to stay 4.  I asked him how come and he said "What if I don't love you anymore?"  awww...   "Yes yes yes, you will still love me." and then when I put him down for a nap he asked if he will still fit in his bed when he is 5.

What a sweetie he is. I guess he thought he was just going to wake up in the morning a full grown man.   How do you explain that, after all the build up, a birthday isn't really that big of a deal? 

He's doing a little better today.  Not really excited about it but only freaking out a little bit.  We are trying to put the focus on presents rather than getting older.  Gosh, poor thing, if he can't handle 5 how is he going to handle 50?

**Update**
That night when he was going to bed I asked him "How was your first day being 5?"
"I'm not 5 yet.. tomorrow I will be 5."
"No you are five right now.  You've been 5 all day!"
"But I don't feel any different."
"No, you aren't going to feel any different.  You will always be YOU."
"Oh.. I feel much better!"

haha... So we're good.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch