Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Cleaning

So how has your summer been going? Mine? It's ok. Trying to get this house cleaned up. I've decided to make good use of my slaves... uh... I mean... kids. I've decided to make good use of my KIDS.

Surprisingly they actually liked cleaning. We attacked my bedroom today. Connor wiped down all the baseboards and then dusted. Maddy cleaned the bathroom floor and helped with the baseboards. I did the blinds and windows, then picked up all the clothes and other odds and ends. Why does the Master bedroom become a catch all?

I would say we worked for about a half hour. I was sweating and looking for a break, so I told the kids they could go play.

"But Moooooooooom....I want to keep cleeeeeeeeaniiiiiiiiiing!"
"Well, if you're good we will get to do some more cleaning tomorrow." Ha!

Can you believe it?

This was in stark contrast to the last time I tried to get actual hard labor out of them. Connor was game but Maddy cleaned the floor with her tears and got to vacuum as punishment for the bad attitude. So maybe the helpfulness today was influenced by that? Either way is fine with me.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Front Porch